Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Friday, August 18, 2006

A Tribute

Had dinner with Mitch at some Italian restaurant around 6th Avenue. Delicious starter, wine, seafood pasta, peach ice cream and $144 dollars later, stepped out feeling tipsy and in awe. Mitch reminds me of Santino Santos. He can get irritating if you don't *get* him, but all the same one can't help but feel impressed. Here is someone with ambition, who is making something out of his life. He's not waiting till 30 to earn his first million, he's doing it NOW. Enriching himself, enriching others, and earning money all at the same time. The experience is probably worth more than the moo-lah. In retrospect, I have no regrets parting with all that money for tuition. I got my 'A' for Econs, I got to meet someone who is a physical representation of what I aspire to (without as much of the Santino-esque thing la), and hey, I got a free dinner that would have otherwise burned a whole in my pocket. Haha. Props to the dude.

Meanwhile, a certain Miss Spears has posed for People magazine with yet another interview about motherhood. It was a standard Britney interview, although there was a smattering of album news (it's gonna be 'cool', 'fun', 'sexy' and 'unxpected' apparently, although that does seem a tad oxymoronic). I laughed out loud when I read about how she feels she's been pregnant for the last 10 years. Couldn't have said it better myself. Anyway here are the wonder pictures. People should really just change their name to Britney Magazine or something. She practically has them at her beck and call.



Can I just say that SEAN PRESTION IS THE CUTEST THING EVER! And you guys know that I'm really not keen on the whole baby and infant and just small children in general thing, but it has to be said that he's fucking adorable. Hard to believe that he came from the loins of la Federline. The "Tabloid Whore" tag is rather ironic isn't it? Do your thang BRITNEY!

Finally, I would like to pay tribute to a group of women who revolutionised the fashion industry. They injected life onto the catwalk, turned models into bona fide pop culture icons, and improved working conditions for their peers. I'm talking 'bout the original supermodels. And no Janice Dickensen, you are not the original supermodel, just the original definition of trash.


In the first picture we have, of course, the power 3. The Trinity. They didn't get out of bed in the morning for less than $10 000. They didn't vouge in clubs, they were Vouge. Linda, Christy and Naomi. Simply untouchable. In the second picture we have the trinity with some poor unknown soul and of course Cindy Crawford. Let me be honest, I only heard of Cindy Crawford on a regular basis in the mid-90s (when the supermodels were argubly at their peak). I did remember Linda from the Stuffed Crust Pizza advertisements but that was about it. Now, however, Cindy strikes me as the least...glamourous of the lot. Maybe it's her wholesome American girl image, which doesn't exactly bring to mind haute couture does it? Anyway apart from the Trinity plus Cindy, the other members of the extended 'Big Six' were Claudia Schiffer and Kate Moss. It's good to see Kate still rocking all those fall advertisements, Vanity Fair and British Vouge at the same time. Others followed in their wake. Stephanie Seymour, Shalom Harlow, Giselle, Tyra, Heidi, Gemma Ward, Elle Macpherson etc etc (and I seem to remember a certain Niki Taylor although she seems to have been collectively erased from people's memories altogether), but the original 3 (or 6, depending on how rigid you are) are in a league of their own really.

Well, I realise that putting Mitch Ong on the same level as Britney and the supermodels is kindda ridiculous, but the damn thing is written and he did pay for dinner so too bad. Cheers! (or 'Cheer!!', as Mdm would say)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home