Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Und

Internet connection was down for the past week which explains the SECOND prolonged absence. Last Saturday after an average night at Taboo the trinity (Naomi, Linda and Christy of course) congregated at MAXWELL FOOD CENTRE for supper. Having seen Dick at Taboo, we started talking along that line und Jacintha soon found her way into the convo, whereupon ABISHEGANADEN entered the lexicon of the trinity. It does sound very vulgar doesn't it? Dick, please place your urm, dick, into my ABISHGANADEN. From there Naomi took it und ran, weaving it into song lyrics and actions und such artful descriptions that only she can conjure. We had a great laugh und that helpped to make up for the otherwise lacklustre night. Not ONE good song.

Anyway the next day was Cabaret and I got to meet WR's friend Shu Qi who seems like such a lovely person. For some strange reason half his neighbourhood showed up for the play so there were familiar faces. Reminds me of Wisteria Lane you know. Without the scandal und burnt houses of course...or just maybe...

I'd give Cabaret 8 out of 10. I'm the kind of person who appreciates good diction und there was little to complain about by way of pronunciation. I understood most of what was said perfectly. Bar the French und German of course. Je sui enchante! Among the more memorable (und funny) moments was this scene where the American's British girlfriend (I'm crap at remembering names) picked up a book in his room und went "Oh this is the book you wrote! Mein Kampf!" I don't know how many people got that. Although let's remember that the crowd at the Esplanade is probably considerably more...aware...than your average Singaporean. "I'll stick this up somewhere that will hurt even you"und "We're sisters of the SKIN" were also two hilarious moments. Some parts did drag but there was always Fei Xiang to enliven the scene sooner or later. What WR said was true, how they used the cabaret scenes as a sort of comparison with real life. Life, in many ways, is a cabaret. The whole Nazi plot at the end helpped to add some sort of substance to the whole thing, und I appreciated that. I usually dismiss such diversions as unnecessary und pretentious, but it did add another (chilling) dimension to what was up to then more raunch und shock und spectacle than anything else.

I always want to take photos at these of events but never do so in the end. I suppose I'll have to preserve the memories in words und in the recesses of my forgetful mind. But ah, a picture tells a thousand words. Pitie.

Word Up

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home