Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Clutch Gear Accelerator

Clutch, gear, accelerator, clutch gear accelerator, clutchgearaccelerator dammit! Pretty obvious what I did after work today ain't it? It took me a good 8 months to finally start lessons after passing my Basic Theory. The wonders of procrastination. Tomorrow marks 70 days to ORD. Thursday marks 600 days in the SAF. And while I can't exactly complain about my army experience, I have to say that I will be ecstatic when 7 Nov rolls around. My spelling seems to have gone to the pits (and it never was my strongest suit to begin with). Vocab is sadly as rudimentary as ever. Pronounciation isn't exactly chipper either. All I have to fall back on is my impecabble grammer, along with my pathetic Chinese.

The Emmys this year are just really blah. Blahblahblah. I miss the days when Ally McBeal and The Practice won for Best Comedy and Best Drama, when Jennifer Aniston won for Friends, or even last year, when the Housewives ruled the roost. I suppose this has something do with the fact that a lot of the shows nominated this year were flops and so not shown to us deprived people in Singapore depending on executives at Mediacorp with no taste to dictate what we get to see after a long day at work. Ok so maybe I'm not giving them enough credit. For an English language channel, 5 isn't too shabby really. Network TV in Australia seems infinitely more boring. Now cable, that's a whole different story.

Well it's almost 11 and i really don't have anything else to say. No pet peeves. No write-ups on people I want to sleep with. No gushing about how much I hated school. My life right now, in NS, is pretty empty. I mean the thrice-weekly gym and Meng and WR do help to fill this space somewhat, but it really doesn't help that from 6.30AM to 5.30PM every working day, I am stuck behind a damn computer playing stupid games and trying to pass time. It's completely inconsequential. NSF life is just utterly unrewarding. I'm not working to advance my career, I'm just trying to do everything the way it's supposed to be done and to stay out of trouble (which I've managed to do rather effectively, it must be said). Very unfulfilling. Very unsatisfying. Which is why I really can't wait to ORD. Wake me up when September ends indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home