Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

If You Can't Take The Heat

Then don't step into the fucking kitchen. It's fine to have your views and express them, but when you set yourself up for public scrutiny, when you portray yourself as a member of a tribe going to war, then don't subsequently play the victim and paint yourself as a sacrificial martyr. It's not cute, you're not in SCGS anymore, grow up and behave like a woman of 40.

At some point, we have to take responsibility for our actions and for the consequences of our decisions. You make the decision to speak up, you jolly well live with the consequences. All your talk about public figures needing thicker skins (or should I use the term epidermal density) for more robust debate, and your display of magnanimity in not suing your alleged persecutor (who you've NEVER heard of before in your life, and JUST HAPPENS to be one of Singapore's foremost young playwrights), all that served up on a platter for public consumption, when in reality, on the down-low, you're using the threat of legal action to its fullest...it smacks of hypocrisy and cowardice.

But I'm really not surprised.

Attended the seminar on 377A in school today, it was most enlightening (and heart-warming to see so many familiar faces, both friends and faculty) and somewhat entertaining. Especially when that uncle asked what that person would do, since she so strongly believes that the anus is strictly meant for excretion, if she needed a colonoscopy.

I snorted in laughter. And I felt bad. But not anymore.

Studied till 7ish then walked over to the Prata Place with Jin where we met ZX for dinner. He very correctly observed that Jin and I are self-sufficiently entertaining. As in, we can just feed off each other and laugh at anything and everything, and others may not get the joke but we do and that's all that matters. P-p-p-p-p-pangkoifa!

Once again, I eschewed the gym, although I more than filled my walking quota for the day by trekking to Holland Rd with ZX. Who was nice enough to wait for my bus with me.

Time is flying. I can feel the workload creeping up, slowly but surely, and if I don't put in more hours of study/stop procrastinating/stop wasting time online/stop feeling sleepy the whole day, I'm going to be overwhelmed. And as much as I'd like to think that I thrive on pressure and stress, I'd rather do without that 'stimulant'.

Which reminds me of a lyric from one of my favorite Britney songs ever,

'It was sink, or swim, when the tide came in'

It's do or die. I won't be leaving here alive. Actually I will la but it sounds so...motivational.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home