Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Creeping Insidiously

The impending exams are roguishly creeping up on us all like a perverted dildo-wielding, bell ringing, river water drinking lesbian getting ready to pounce on unsuspecting girls in the locker room. If you're not Jin and you get the joke, then well, you're not getting the joke. But laugh away. Or maybe it's just a terribly unfunny analogy. I'm trying.

Today was very...strange. I dropped by BTC to witness the submission of our binder for all of 15 minutes - and I wasn't even there when they actually handed it over - and then headed to the gym with Jin. We had lunch at the Heeren of all places. There's this shop selling delicious wan ton mee somewhere in the Annex, which is a horrible place I usually try my best to avoid, and we were seated next to this bunch of ACS monkeys. It's pretty common to look at your juniors and go 'my my how standards have fallen' but I couldn't say the same for this group.

We then headed to the National Library but Jin didn't stay for long. The internet connection there (paid or otherwise) is completely WHACK. So much for wireless SG and all that high-tech connectivity bull - I couldn't get a decent, working connection the whole time. Which would be fine - great actually - if I just wanted to study but we were trying to settle the end of 07/start of 08 holiday thing which is still not settled and is vexing me to no end.

Anyway, that being the case, Jin went home in an attempt to secure a proper internet connection, I milled around Hans, attempted a bit of studying, which turned out to be an exercise in fighting the Z monster, and ended up watching an episode of SATC in the library. The one where Carrie turns 35 and feels shitty because she doesn't have someone special to share her birthday with, and the girls ponder the idea of a soul mate. Is there only ever one soul mater out there for us, or can anyone *become* your soul mate, given the right circumstances?

SATC is LOVELY to watch on the MacBook's screen! I've had this black beauty for over a year and I'm STILL in awe of her. Absolutely no regrets getting a Mac. And there's still so much left to explore...

Which can't be said for this post. I don't have anything else I particularly want to say. Actually there are things that I do want to say but they fall into one of two categories
(1) 'Heard it all before, heard it all before, heard it all before', and I'm trying not to get sucked into that vortex of despondency
(2) Can never be said in a public space, which I suppose this is

I'm out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home