Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Oh Me Oh My

One of my favourite blogs has been restricted to "invited readers" only! No more updates on new bags, new boyfriends, new cars, and all the other ridiculous accessories available to one with a seemingly inexhaustible bank account. I'm going to need a moment to mourn over this loss...ok!

Speaking of blogs, I dreamt that I met and spoke with another person whose blog I read who has no idea of my existence. Isn't that weird? Apart from Lena, she's the only other girl whose blog I read on a regular basis, although nowadays I usually skim through quickly. She's a friend of a friend, but I don't know her personally. Indeed I don't think I've ever seen her in real life. Now ain't that funny.

Asian Boys Asian Boys. Alfian's final gay play. It was thought-provoking, although not exactly the "happy ending" I was expecting. It played (pardon the pun) on one of my greatest fears - what happens to us when we grow old? Do we become the pathetic old man who lies that his partner of 39 years has passed away when in actual fact said partner has left us for someone younger and more virile, frequenting saunas - as the bottom feeders, no less - in the hopes of temporarily satisfying the insatiable? It's a lonely, depressing existence.

On a happier note, I loved the Wilson Phillips reference (in fact I shall proceed to downlo...I mean, PURCHASE, Hold On now) and the hilarious drag on boat caption. So very witty. Although I remain CONVINCED (and I think Meng is really going to slap me if I persist with this theory but I remain undeterred) that the repeated use of E M Forster and Maurice was not entirely original.

Haha.

Anwyays, I'm off to hopefully enjoy what looks set to be a quiet, lazy Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home