Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I Read, Therefore I Am

Browsing the national library never fails to pique my interest, even today when I was feeling the effects of lack of sleep followed by a discouraging driving lesson. There are too many books I want to read, and it seems like a shame to only borrow one, although I know that's about all I can manage at one go. I'm not the kind of person who can juggle multiple books concurrently. Two is about enough, and I'd much rather focus my attention on a single one.

Anyway, the one book I did borrow is reputedly one of the greatest autobiographies of the last decade, Katharine Graham's Pulitzer Prize-winning Personal History. Thus far, it hasn't disappointed. Her candor is most admirable, especially with regard to Mother and her lifelong "self-absorption".

Biographies are probably one of my favourite genres of books, partly because I'm nosy and partly because I seek to draw inspiration and motivation from the people who have seemingly lived interesting and fulfilling lives - enough to write a book about themselves. Not everyone can make that claim.

I want to be able to write a book about myself when I'm old. Not that I would actually write it, but rather I want a life that is worthy of being recorded for posterity. Haha I already have the ego. Now I need to attain the goods to back it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home