Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Sunday, June 03, 2007

White Fucking Teeth

One of the best fucking books I've read in a fucking long time, and that INCLUDES Kafka and such. I absolutely adored 'On Beauty' but 'White Teeth' is just that much better. The sheer audacity of Zadie, the fact that she was in her early twenties while writing the book, yet made it seem like she was an old-hand with a wealth of knowledge and experience, the comedy, the use of language, the witty asides (cleave, for example, has 2 antithetical meanings), the vivid development of each character, the historic context, the reality of the themes, almost a portent of Sep 11 and the era of terrorism in the 21st century, fucking brilliant.

I'm not a fast reader but this book was so mesmerizing that I pretty much sped through the last third in a few days. Which is amazing when you consider that I'm usually content with reading a couple of chapters daily at most.

Anyway it's time to zip to the gym and then prep myself for tonight's RIHANNA PARTAY! Woo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home