Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Bringin' On The Heartbreak

Says it all really. We took this photo to represent how we feel about everything that's happened over the past 5 days. No, Meng hasn't suffered from a stroke and Wei Ren hasn't turned into a wax figure (not just yet anyway). We were mourning the demise of our planned holiday to Phuket. But this really goes far beyond that. Phuket was merely the catalyst that tore apart the layers to reveal the stark truth. These layers were meant to protect us and our loved ones. It was almost vulgar how they were suddenly ripped apart. The secrets we tried so hard to keep were suddenly exposed, inflicting new wounds as well as reopening old ones, and the result was hurt and guilt and anger and pain.

I'm more of a supporting actor in this whole spectacle. My own parents are blissfully unaware of what's happened, except that the trip's been cancelled. The only thing I lost was money, and money can always be made again in the future. What upsets me is seeing my friends' anguish and the tough decisions that they've been forced to make. The long conversation we had on Thursday night left a vivid impression on my mind. Will parents EVER understand? They're not moving in the opposite direction, they're on a different set of tracks altogether. As Atticus Finch said, you can only ever really understand a person if you've walked around in their shoes. Thing is, our parents are straight. Can they EVER fit into our Manolos?

I'm not going to say anymore because I'm a supporting actor. It would not be right to talk as if these were my parents or I was the one really going through all the shit. But let me quote the SAMAZOZI (and I think it's a lot more appropriate in this context).

Take care guys and we'll come out of this stronger!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home