Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

24 hours

The past 24 hours were a whirlwind of people, places and sounds. It seems to have gone by so quickly which is somewhat scary because I feel time racing forward, pulling me along for the ride. It's hard to sit back and enjoy the moment when that moment is so ephemeral.

And I have had quite a moment to savour over the past day. It was handbag night at Taboo and we were ready for a deluge of mainstream top 40 catchy tunes (what WR calls cheesy music). We weren't disappointed. From Together Again to Get Together, Bag It Up to Hung Up, It's Raining Men to He Wasn't Man Enough (OK what IS with all the similar names), we were treated (or tortured, depending on your preferences) to one gay anthem after another. It didn't hurt that I had 2 bottles to drink. I really danced to the point of no return, to the point where my knees started to ache (age is catching up la), and I was sweating like Star Jones in a sauna. Which is really amazing when you consider that I hardly ever pespire when I'm at the gym (unless I'm running). Ok maybe that does say a lot about how hard I push myself in Cali, but that's not the point is it?

It just passed by too quickly. Soon enough we were at Maxwell, talking to this Mexican chap who was attracted to the men-magnet, while eating BAK CHOR MEE, a perennial favourite. Let's just say that he's only 25, has his own business, gets to travel the world, and is a friend of Ricky Martin. If that doesn't make you just a little jealous, he's also rather gorgeous, comes from a wealthy family, apparently has FOUR Louis Vuitton suitcases in his hotel room and gets VIP seats at Madonna's concerts and invites to party with her. And you know what the best part is? He isn't the least bit arrogant or smug. Very affable and down to earth. I was telling WR it really sucks for him to meet this perfect specimen of man only to have him leave the very next day, but that's life I suppose. We really SHOULD be heading down to CANCUN after Phuket!

I woke up this morning at 11.30 for some reason, without any alarm ringing or any particular noise. It's really wonderful to have 5 and a half hours of sleep. Gerald picked me and Lena up around an hour later and we headed for Vivocity, the latest (and allegedly biggest) mall to hit Singapore. It didn't feel as big as it should have. Ngee Ann City seems a lot bigger actually. Hmmm. Then again I didn't have enough sleep and felt very light at some point so maybe my judgement cannot be trusted. Most of the stores were open but a couple of VITAL (to me anyway) ones were not, namely AX and Diesel. There was the Gap, Zara, Pull and Bear, Topshop, basically the whole catalog of fast fashion stores that I loathe to love. A few other unique boutiques seemed promising but I was so fucking tired and in no mood to sift through garbage to find treasure. I felt that the interior left much to be desired, although the open spaces were rather refreshing. I decided to cam whore today so here are the RESULTS.
This was on the second click, the first one was just weird.
Again, this wasn't the first shot. I think it was the third. Lena had problems with her pose. She resembled a corpse for some strange reason. Do I not look FIERCE? Tyra would be so proud of me!
Group picture. We had to behave like tourists and ask someone to help us. I don't really like that sort of thing either but sometimes I suppose you have to put away all these false pretences. If you really think about it, there's nothing wrong with asking a stranger to help you take a group photo. It's not like you're asking for a blowjob you know?

We watched The Departed at the spacious new multiplex. Only complaint being that there are no toilets in the cinema and you actually have to go downstairs where you will find a teeny tiny toilet. Poor design. Boo. Directed by Martin Scorsese and feautring a star-studded cast (Matt Damon, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jack Nicholson, Martin Sheen, Mark Wahlberg and Alec Baldwin), it's basically a police-mafia drama, with the central twist being that both sides have informants on the other. And so the race is on to see which side can uncover the rat first. It has the most splattering of blood that I've seen since Munich (NOTHING can top that), and most of the cast ends up dead by the time the credits roll. I had this feeling at certain points that this movie was never going to end, becuase it does stretch for 2 hours plus. That being said, certainly worth the $8 and it is memorable (unlike say Miami Vice, which I forgot that I even watched a fortnight later).

Oh yes after our movie we bumped into Jeff(still looking the same!) at 7-11. This enabled me to see the manifestations of my mistake. He was hanging out with 2...shall we say very young guys (they were afraid that their ID would be checked for The Departed, which has an M-18 rating, so you do the math). And I'm thinking, shouldn't Jeff be hanging out with US instead? It's so sad that all we have to say to each other now are polite pleasantries when we used to be best friends (well I considered him mine in any case). That's what I get for being such a prick. It wasn't entirely my fault la but I could have chosen not to make the decisions that I did. All spilt milk now anyways. You live you learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home