Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Exposé

I was late. A good 30 minutes late. Lena was 15 minutes behind schedule but that still made me 15 minutes overdue. I've got major punctuality issues which I choose to blame on the various people I've been mixing with over the past 5 years. Punctuality falls from favour when it isn't repaid.

Perhaps being late was a blessing in disguise because it spared me from having to watch You, Me & Dupree. You & Dupree can go watch it, just leave Me out ok? We settled on Scoop, which I had read about briefly last night, starring Hugh Jackman, Scarlett Johasson and Woody Allen. I've never been much of a Scarlett fan, but she won me over with her portrayal of Sondra, an enthusiastic young reporter who's eager to the point of almost irritating, slightly neurotic, but not to the point where the audience cheers when she's thrown overboard to drown. Hugh Jackman plays a rich aristocrat who's ever so suave and charming, perfect husband material, with the only drawback being that he may have murderous tendencies. Sondra sets out to investigate but finds herself struggling to balace her professionalism with her attraction to this apparently perfect gentlemen. Woody is Sid, a magician who goes by the rather charming moniker of SPLENDINI. I really can't fault his performance - he's WOODY ALLEN for Christ's sake! Lena found herself increasingly agitated with his stuttering though. He was stuttering throughout the movie. But that's what Woody Allen does. So if you want to fault the dog for wagging it's tale or Paris Hilton for being a skanky whore, then go ahead and criticise his stuttering if you must.

I won't spoil the movie (I haven't right?), so I'll just say that it's made by the BBC and if you're into that sort of thing - London, British countryside, British humour and all, you will find it most entertaining. What I still remember of it (and I've got terrible memory) was Sid's mnemonic memory techniques, which included the use of 16 spinning midgets, which I found to be absolutely hilarious. The other thing was when Sondra claimed that she seldom shed tears, although "my nose get's congested when I'm sad." If you can identify with that sort of humour, you won't regret watching it.

So what you waiting for? Get the scoop on Scoop!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home