Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

$

Too little of it. Too many possible uses for it. Here's a list of things I really, really want. But am currently unable to afford, either because I simply don't have enough $ of because I'm not willing to part with the moolah.

I MAC with Intel Core Duo processor

Sleek. Classy. Powerful. VERY pleasing asthetically. What more could one ask for? This I can afford but do I really want to when the ol' desktop still works? (ok admittedly that stupid excuse for a machine that is my PC has been frustrating me to no end recently)

Next,
MacBook

I mean, seriously, why stop at just the I Mac when you can have this baby too? Imagine the possibilities. This I will get eventually (just that it's going to be DADDY'S money and not mine), but right now I don't have it and I really want it so it makes the list too.

Maserati Quattroporte

So we travel from the realm of demand - the desire and ABILITY to purchase something into the land of fantasy (or, as I'd like to think, my 30s). The first time I laid eyes on a Maserati for real (the first time I KNEW that is was a Maserati anyway) was last year in Bangkok's Paragon Mall. That interior is divine. Saw one a couple months back as I was unceremoniously walking to my BUS STOP. I was thinking what an absolute stunner that car was and then as I got closer noticed the Maserati font gliding over the back like a graceful Romanian gymnast. We are allowed to have our dreams right?

Louis Vuitton Tote

I really don't have to say anything about this do I. Who DOESN'T want to own at least a dozen Louis Vuitton bags. Of course, in this case, I'm using Louis to represent all the other brands that I'd love to whore myself to. Gucci, Prada, Dior, Coach, Bottega Veneta etc etc. Hell, I'm using Louis as a symbol of ALL the branded goods I want to own. From Manolo to Marc, Galliano to D&G, Balenciaga to Armani, so on and so forth.

Finally
Soujorn in Paris

Oh, this one is pretty much within my reach. After ORD I suppose. Musee du Louvre, Notre Dame, the Tour d Eiffel, Les Champs Elysees, Centre Pompidou, the LOUIS VUITTON STORE, Versailles...who knows, Paris may dethrone New York as my favourite city (that I've been to, duh).

There. My list. It's by no means exhaustive of course. If you don't already know, I'm TERRIBLY TERRIBLY materialistic. I don't know exactly when it happened. When I was around 10, I started pestering my mum to get me a "brand-name" t-shirt (which happened to be a Guess o_O I know I know, I was only ten though, so gimme some credit). It's not exactly a *good* trait to have, but it does require an awful lot of ambition to actually turn these dreams into reality. Haha. Actually the only dream in the above list is the Maserati. Everything else I can afford. Yes, at the same time. It'd just result in me depleting my bank account, which I have no intention of doing. I don't know how people can survive with like, 64 cents in their account. But they do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home