Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Monday, June 12, 2006

What's On Your I-Pod?

I'll tell you what new choons I've been digging lately. 2 come to mind. Firstly, and unexpectedly, is the new ASHLEE SIMPSON song, Invisible. It's her Hips Don't Lie(ie. a new song that's meant to save the I Am Me album), without the potential to actually *be* a Hips Don't Lie(ie. it's not going to be a big hit...at all!) I'd love to be proven wrong really. It seems too light-weight to actually make much of an impact but hey it's way better than Pieces Of Me. I hated Ashlee when she came out. Hated her voice, her lack of talent (which does say A LOT when you consider that I idolise Britney and J Lo), her ugly black hair, her screeching live performances, basically everything about her except her hot blonde sister.

BUT NOW

ASHLEE SIMPSON IS SO HOT LA!

What did she do? New nose check, blonde hair check, getting rid of pasty pale skin check. She's really a wonderful postergirl for plastic surgery. Get a good surgeon and you won't regret it...as long as you don't go into obsessive Wacko Jacko, Joan Rivers mode, you'll be fine and look really fab, just like Ashlee does now.

Anyways, here's a still from the video for Invisible, which is inspired by Million Dollar Baby apparently. I really like the song. And gosh, does she look more and more like Jessica or what? Soon, Ashlee is going to usurp the crown of hottest Simpson sister, unless Jessica pulls up her stockings.

Stunning. It's comforting to know that some female singers are actually concerned with looking good *glances at Britney*. Nah, I've always been very very generous with Ms Spears. She looks like roadkill nowadays but I have confidence that hot tamale will be back when she has new music to promote. For now, thank god for Ashlee Simpson.

Ok. What's next? Christina's Ain't No Other Man of course!

...
......
.........

I kid. Never liked Christina never will. She's got some nice songs but I won't admit to liking them. And her new one is just horrible. Annoying horns, over-bearing, screechy voice. It might grow on me but you won't read about it if it ever does. Gosh I can be such a hypocrite when it comes to music. LOL. Annoying horns and screechy voice = Get Right and I ADORE that song but no, I hate this. I abhore Christina Aguilera and her "raw, gritty" music.

So then, what's the second song?

STARS ARE BLIND of course! Hahaha. Let me qualify myself. Paris Hilton is talentless trash and she can't sing for shit but you know what, she still managed to get herself a recording contract so more power to her.

It's reminds me of a Gwen Stefani/No Doubt song, perfect for summer. Not keen on the video but oh well.

Blogger is being irritating and I can't post the single cover but I will the next time. Notice the STRATEGIC way in which her hair is styled, to oh-so-subtly cover her LAZY EYE. Hahaha. Poor Paris. Maybe Ashlee could do her a favour and give her the number of her plastic surgeon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home