Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Everything changes, all the cities and faces

Jin just remembered something...and so we changed our travel plans again. Destination remains the same, but now we're going from 08 Jan 08 to 14 Jan 08. I'm still flying to Nagoya and back from Narita, unless I get the SIN - NRT flight that I'm currently wait listed on. A couple of good things result from this change (1) Jin got a direct Northwest flight that was more than $200 cheaper than the Thai one, and he doesn't have to transit in Bangkok (2) We only need to pay for 6 nights of accommodation instead of 8. All of this means that our holiday will be CHEAPER which is great because I'm saving up for potential HK in Jul 08 and the big Bos-NY-Wash expedition at the end of next year. Can't accuse me of not planning ahead.

I can't wait for Tokyo. Whee! I'm envious of my relatives who will also be going there (because my cousin's husband works for some SIA-related company), getting free flights, and best of all (because I'm getting a free flight too -_-), HEAVILY DISCOUNTED ACCOMMODATION. Apparently they're staying at one of the Sheratons (or is there only one) - which usually costs around $400 plus a night - for less than $100!! If I have to work in Singapore, I MUST work in-house for Singapore Airlines!

I spoke to quite a number of people today, which is rare. Michael called from D.C., talked to him for around an hour (the last third of which involved him speaking in abysmal Mandarin and me having to interpret what he was saying - or trying to say - and then replying in English), talked to Jin about...God knows what..., spoke with Cheryl while I was at the National Library trying to get work done, MSN-ed with Sam (get well soon!) and Tong...it is rather sad that I have been reduced to communicating with people indirectly, but it's better than nothing at all. I sound like a hermit.

Tong asked me if I wanted to travel with him. LOL. Should I? I mean, technically, I'm not going anywhere this year, so...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home