Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Saturday, October 20, 2007

I Is In The LiBRAry

After 3 hours of agonizing (as if we were deciding whose lives to spare), the FOCC finally decided on the 8 boys and girls who will be the "ambassadors of law school". Having looked at the final two rows of 8 pictures (copped from the SLS seating chart), I do think we settled on the right mix of people. We weren't arbitrary and took the relevant merit - and policy - considerations into account. Hopefully we aren't disappointed.

I'm in the library, by my lonesome self, trying to start my research...but felt compelled to scribble some nonsense here first. The deeper I get into work, the less I feel like reading (no time for non-law text bar the newspapers these days), but the urge to write about my 'outside' life - if it can even be said that I actually still do have a life outside of law school - has grown, which explains the proliferation of posts over the past few days, even though they're mostly mundane accounts.

Lawyers - and law students - are very strange people. Everyday words that once meant nothing now take on special significance. Consideration, policy, frustration, duty...it's like one big (bad) inside joke. Chuckling at parodies like Snail In The Bottle, expounding the merits of Spandeck (mere knowledge of Spandeck), reading an article in the papers about how fewer people in Singapore are suing public hospitals and thinking "that's because we apply the Bolam Test strictly!"

Anyway familiar faces are beginning to stream into the lib now. I suppose it would be expedient to start getting down to actual work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home