Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Hear Ye Hear Ye

Not content to sit back and watch the government machinery grinding to its inevitable conclusion (at an ever efficient pace of course), George Hwang and Stuart Koe are attempting to throw a spanner into the works by submitting a physical petition which would be officially introduced by NMP Siew Kum Hong and then work its way through the various parliamentary committees (unlike the online "open letter to PM Lee" which is about as useful as a chicken rice spoon).

And so we found ourselves canvassing for signatures last night...it was a rather enjoyable experience to be honest, a refreshing change from the usual Saturday nights in Tanjong Pagar. Although when Christine told the others that I was "walking around Tanjoing Pagar", I'm sure some of them were wondering if I was plying my trade like a 2 cent 'ho.

It was encouraging that many people were willing to put down their names and their addresses in support of the petition, although some of them only did so "because you're so cute." My favorite quotes of the night were "hell, I'm only doing this so you'll get my number" and "you want my address? Do you want my size also?" I would be lying if I said that the ego-centric freak in me was not somewhat thrilled to be the subject of these remarks, but this was tempered by the fact that the people who said so were urm...fat/old/ugly. Actually, they were all 3. Which sucks.

This being Singapore, everyone seemed to know someone they had slept with/dated. And I wasn't an exception. Saw the last fuck and the last date (I refuse to call it any more than that). Cringe-worthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home