Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Monday, October 15, 2007

A Tong Suggestion

Went out with Tong today for a spot of shopping and spent money I didn't intend to. I told myself that since I almost lost my wallet last night, I deserved to treat myself to something nice (where is the logic in that argument?), as I would have had to pay more than a hundred dollars to replace the contents of my wallet (not to mention another couple hundred to buy a new one) had some kind individual not handed it to the security staff.

I love the stuff at Wonderland.

Anyway, at BK, Tong found out what I figured he'd already known and his reaction really surprised me. Sometimes it takes someone who is far removed from a given situation to really provide cutting insight...and when Tong tells me that I can do better, I am inclined to believe him because

(1) Tong never compliments me. If he says something like that, it's because he really means it. He doesn't sugarcoat. If he thinks something stinks, he'll say it.
(2) Tong has known me for more than 6 years.

So what does this all mean? Have I completely gone off this particular high? Am I finally going to stop thinking and talking about it? Well, no. The fact that I almost immediately called Jin and Christine is surely indicative that there's still a need to not keep it to myself ie. it still thrills me to no end. And I am devoting precious time to writing this post out.

But maybe, just maybe, Tong is right. And I can do so much better. Who knew?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home