Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Lust, Caution!

Don't watch Ang Lee's new movie if you're prone to headaches. JS's condition was exacerbated by the end of 2 hours and 20 minutes. I thought it was a good movie, definitely memorable, and I love the portrayal of pre-war Hong Kong and Shanghai under the Japanese occupation. The cars, the bustling, chaotic Chinese streets, the elegant boulevards and cafes in the (presumably) European district, the neon lights of the Japanese section...

The story itself was somewhat intriguing, the flow being Eternal Sunshine-esque (starting towards the end, going back to the beginning, which meets up with the starting scene and proceeds to the conclusion), which of course makes for a slightly confusing but satisfying movie experience.

The sex scenes, which of course were severely cut, were really nothing to crow about. Don't think I missed much any way.

Had a quick bite with Jin after movie and went back.

Shortly after my "this Friday's gonna be boring" post last night, I ended up leaving for Play to 'support' Aviel in his competition. Met up with Jin, Cheryl and Christine. Nalli and assorted AC friends joined us at Mox where I proceeded to drink a glass of white wine which brought out the bitter, shameless, I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHAT YOU THINK OF ME AND I'M JUST GOING TO SAY SOMETHING REALLY ABHORRENT JUST FOR THE SAKE OF IT Simon...who is somewhat fun initially but wears out his welcome rather quickly.

I want to get some shuteye now because well, that seems like the logical thing to do at 2AM in the morning.

Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home