Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Who Knew?

I was reading a post on a friend's blog, in which he displayed, well, emotions...and I've never thought him capable of emotions. I've just never seen him in that light, and what amazes me is that our circumstances are probably very different and yet so similar. Crazy (probably deluded) highs followed almost immediately by sobering lows, the constant, gnawing feeling that the highest pinnacle has been reached, that there isn't anywhere to go but down. A whiff of desperation permeates.

Caught Chuck & Larry with Jinesh and Christine today. Definitely a movie that appeals to one's baser instincts, providing plenty of laughs throughout, yet unlikely to prove endearing or memorable in the long-run, although the unequivocal anti-discrimination message was somewhat poignant. We all met Tong and had dinner at Sushi Tei. My friendship with Tong has really evolved over the past few years, to the point where we're (almost) equals in the relationship. And tonight he openly acknowledged that he was very cruel to me in the past, which isn't quite vindication or anything but it's sort of...amusing...to see how far we've come.

I only have a 45 minute lecture to attend tomorrow, and it's very tempting to skip school altogether, but of course you'll see me there tomorrow, looking for my fix, and then wondering why I didn't do more with the opportunity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home