Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Leaky Leaky

NU Britney songs have been leaking left right and centre! After the uber-sexy Gimme More, we got CRAP in the form of Cold As Fire, where Miss Spears turns in quite possibly one of her most whiny vocal performances to date (and that's saying a lot). Yesterday we got the much-touted Everybody (produced by J.R Rotem, the guy behind SOS) that samples Sweet Dreams (and not Here Comes The Rain Again, which is what that idiot said it sampled), Break The Ice and Got Me High which I've only listened to once so far...not as impressive as Gimme More, and Heaven On Earth, which I really like as it reminds me of Gwen's The Real Thing. Today we got What You Sippin' On, which was recorded during the In The Zone era...and I LOVE IT! It's very Janet, old-school 90s R'n'B-lite jam. Very smooth and easy-going, with rappers chanting nonsense about "ain't gonna stop till the break of dawn" in the background during the chorus...I hope none of these songs make it on the new album, for 2 reasons.

1) I already have them and I want the new album to contain songs I haven't heard before.

2) I have a feeling that some of them are crap.

But apparently most of these songs were recorded for the scrapped 2005 Original Doll album. And Britney's been in the studio for like, 2 years, so I'm sure there is plenty of material that won't make the new album, in which case, please do leak as many as possible =D

Last night was an...interesting...experience. I know it's a very general word but that really is the only description I can think of. Interesting. Not good, not bad, just interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home