Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

2 + 1

It's been 2 months and 1 day since I started work on 19th March. While there are times I've been annoyed, desperate (for ideas that is) and bored, it's been mostly great because I'm working with Mengsy (although I'm not sure how he takes to working - or rather not working - with La Simonina around) and we have so much fun. Insulting the munchkin, making fun of the BBB, humiliating Shirlyn Tan, meeting UNIVERSAL people to talk about Rhianna, SPILLING COFFEE at said meeting on Miss 'let's decorate an umbrella at the club', talking in high-pitch voices 75% of the time, subjecting each other to INANE music, teasing WEI REN and NENA, obsessing over MIRABELLA, choosing between x and y (with some interesting choices I must say), singing like raved lunatics in the miniscule lift, throwing things at each other in the office (apparently some of the things thrown at me are still on the floor), taking UNFLATTERING pictures of each other (a game which I started but have now lost...terribly), watching trashy Hilary Duff and Beyonce music videos, imitating the HEY HEY YOU YOU video, shrieking like banshees for all the wrong reasons...oh gosh it's really been fun!

And we do get work done ok. So maybe if we just cut the crap we could get much more done but hey, I deliver what I'm paid to do. Nothing more.

And I've also been lucky to have gotten a whole bunch of freebies. Let's see...

MOVIE SCREENINGS
-The Hitcher
-Priceless
-Next
-Infamous
-Amazing Grace

CDs
-Gwen's Sweet Escape
-Duff's Dignity - pickitup, pickitup
-Olivia's new-age nonsense which I haven't bothered to open
-Amy's Back To Black (Black NOT BASICS)
-Elton's Definitive Hits
-Jennifer's Como

PLAYS
-Blithe Spirit
-The Swimming Instructor

GALA OPENINGS/EVENTS
-Singapore Fashion Festival Media Pass - local one la
-Bice

Not to mention the express entry to clubs (and copious amounts of alcohol and champagne), meetings with lotsa people from the music industry (and the queer community), carte blanche entry to various "events" - like the flop HIV/AIDS thing at The Loof last night, complementary food at PitchBlack which I'm glad was free because it tasted so bad...oh yes and many many notebooks.

It has expanded my horizons somewhat, although I'll always remember it for the sheer fun I've had. So I've got another month plus to go before my time is done...who knows what will happen over the next couple o' months?

1 Comments:

At 12:36 AM , Blogger mengsta said...

you forgot about 28 weeks later!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home