Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Musings

There is a fine line between wit and nitwit. While I have tried to write articles that are engaging and reader-friendly,I have refrained from injecting what I think may be wit into my work because wit is something you innately have or lack.

Do I fancy myself a good writer? Yes(my god I am shameless), relatively speaking(and I love to qualify statements). Unfortunately, writing for me if often a painful, draining process.

I am rarely able to just start writing continuously without pausing for many moments to ponder the arrangement of a sentence, or fret over choice of words.

Sometimes it's best to keep things simple. However, as a writer, one occasionally feels the need to add a sense of style or flair to one's writing - hence the use of dashes, double negatives, and grandiloquent language - which really does the reader no favour. It's an egoistical thing.

But it is tempting.

Anyway I don't know what the point of this post was really. I just thought the wit/nitwit thing was pretty witty.

Bleah. You should have seen the look on Meng's face today when I showed him my selection of pictures for the Beyonce article. LOL. One of my selections inadvertently exposed her panties. This is why I can only work for Trevvy. Imagine what would happen if I fulfilled my dream of becoming editor-in-chief of Vogue or Vanity Fair or W.

I can now hear Wei Ren saying, "Urm Simon, to become the editor of a fashion magazine, you actually need to have some sense of style first."

I hear you Choo, and by the time you read this you'll probably be back home =)

Get well soon.

This post is so very random. I'll end it here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home