Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

I don't know

A few days ago the trinity descended on Mox for a workshop on relationships organised by Safehaven. Let's just say that there are lots of queer people in Singapore who are still romantics at heart - I won't judge - and hold fast to the most cliche and banal views of love. Or maybe I'm just being cynical.

But I did get the feeling that certain participants were simply saying what they thought others wanted to hear.

At the end of the day, I was left with more questions than answers. And a question of my own. When it comes to matters of the heart, why do we make things so complicated? I have this theory that humans have an inner mechanism that never allows us to be content, to settle down for long - indeed in this case, it's really about the journey instead of the destination. Unfortunately the time is 0930, I'm supposed to leave for my cruise in a couple of hours, I haven't finished packing, and I only had 3 plus hours of sleep last night, and so I shall spare you all the details of my theory.

Anyway triumph or tank, I did enjoy attending the workshop because it was an opportunity to meet other members of the community in all its diversity.

Last night(or should I say early this morning) we watched The Lives Of Others, a German film about Stasi surveillance of a celebrated GDR playwright which won many awards culminating in the Oscar for best foreign language film. At some point in time the fact that I was reading the subtitles - something I don't like as it distracts me from actually watching the show - no longer bothered me, and that's when you know you're watching something good. When the language no longer matters. I'm not going to bother writng a review or giving a summary. Haven't got much time to waste. But it was certainly well worth the $9. Damn I've been watching a lot of great movies recently. Perhaps I just have very low standards when it comes to movies, but I've actually enjoyed all the movies I've seen over the past month.

Ok I really have to go pack my shit now. See you guys in a few days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home