Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Causing A Commotion!

Last night was so much fun. Wei Ren invited us to his place for a BBQ. Meng was allegedly broke so it was just me and Jireh. Turns out that the BBQ was at his neighbour's place, which set ourselves up for a potentially awkward situation but everything went well. Gorged ourselves on beef, chicken wings, pork, the loveliest sotong, MANGO PUDDING and DURIAN PUFFS which were really out of this world. And yes WR, they do remind me of ice cream too!

Had a lovely chat with this 17 year old girl in RJ. She had a sore throat and sounded very raspy, like Tina Turner. Advised her about JC, attempted to enlighten her on Diva music. We all have our specialities. I excel in anything Britney, Jennifer or Cher. Jireh's good for Mariah (although I'm better), and we can always depend on WR for Kylie tidbits. Like where she's gonna buy herself a brand new pair of TITS. I kid.

Twas a pity she couldn't join us back in WR's place. But perhaps it's good she didn't because we descended into pure faggotry the moment we got to his room. Dancing to Vouge at the '90 VMAs. Or trying to. Jireh does it pretty well. It's not exactly a hard dance to learn, bar the part where she shuffles her feet to and fro. Some of the hand gestures are rather strange la. Like killing flies.

WR was summoned downstairs by his mum to sing for all the aunties. He did a pretty good job with a whole bunch of old, sentimental, depressing English songs. His mum is so cool la! Haha. I like his mum. We put on Madonna's Blonde Ambition LD after that and all the aunties were complementing her performing skills and her figure, bar one who found her muscled arms unappealing. Watched Mariah too. And then they all left and we 3 had the room to ourselves. Back to Blonde Ambition. It was so good la! My goodness. Tried to do the Vouge dance again. And then ALL 3 OF US proceeded to dance to Causing A Commotion! I love the boxing-esque thing she was doing with her hands. A little like the Hung Up krump no? Literally dance throughout the whole song, along with M, Nikki and Donna. My chest was PAINFUL after that!

Went back up to his room and we just started talking. About boyfriends, relationships, friends, the benefits of comming out, Jaron (who IS cute!), and sundry topics which I can't quite seem to recall now =(

TERRIBLE MEMORY!

Anyway, got back really late. Had 3 hours of sleep. Woke up at 8AM to go for Law Admissions Essay. I enjoyed writing on the topic. Made me realise that it was then - drawing logical conclusions and forming my own arguments from the case study, gathering my thoughts and opinions together on paper, structuring the essay, writing it all down in a mad rush to beat the clock till my hand was painful, that I was in my element. This is what I am most comfortable doing. I'd love to study business too but the essay just made me realise, that is MY forte. My raison d etre. So we'll see what happens.

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU WIN OR LOSE, IT'S HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME SO GET INTO THE GROOVE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home