Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Over.

Am I the ONLY one who is quite shocked about Jessica and Nick? I guess I'm so used to being cynical about what the tabloids and magazines say that I paid no heed whatsoever to the months and months of rumours and stories splashed across the front pages. Isn't it ironic that their getting married eventually resulted in their seperation? Of course this is PURELY speculation on my part, but I'm guessing that part of the reason for this split was because Jessica's star shone so much more brightly than Nick's and because of the saturation press coverage focused on their relationship. I mean let's not forget that 3 years ago, she was a B-list has-been who never made it to Britney/Christina status and he was the former member of a B-list boyband that never made it to BSB/N'sync status. And then they got married. Newlyweds came out. And within a matter of months Jessica had shot to A-list status, while Nick...well Nick's star power was raised by association. I'm on team Simpson, but I'd GLADLY be on team Lachey if he, you know, picked me to replace her =D

My friends reacted in different ways. Cindy was like "gosh, so many celebs are seperating. But Brad and Jen was the worst." Lena was all "OMGOMG where did you hear about this? So sad so sad!" Michael went "That was rather expected what." Tim didn't bother to reply (thanks ah). Meng was so cavalier about the whole thing la. "Oh dumb wives usually get on their husband's nerves after a while." I suppose that IS true. I guess I'm still a hopeless romantic at heart. Which is kindda ironic isn't it? But yes. Deep deep deep down inside, I believe in true love and all that. I think. Watching Brad and Jennifer, Adrian and Tammy (lol...aka my brother and his gf of 4 years) and now Nick and Jessica break up in 2005, it's made me wonder how different things are once they've settled down and the initial euphoria has faded. I really do wonder what that is like. At least we still have Tonglissa =p

Ah...tomorrow should be fun. My t-shirt is QUITE slutty indeed! In case you've been living in a cave for the past few weeks, PURPLE is IN now because MADONNA says so. Ha!

In memory.


This was taken only a few days ago! Gucci Spring Fashion Show. Surely they must have known by then. I wonder what was going through their heads. Final public apperance as a couple.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home