Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Friday, November 04, 2005

3 movies for the price of

3 la. Knn. $28.50 in three consecutive days of movie madness. First up was Transporter 2 with Cindy, Shao and Gerald. It was entertaining enough, although in retrospect it was really the ultimate cliche of an action movie offering little else. PAPER THIN plot, involving a bad guy trying to spread this deadly virus and a larger than life hero having to race against time to stop him. My goodness. Throw in plenty of martial art violence, fast cars and a PRIVATE PLANE for good measure, and top it of with explosions aplenty. Fucking crappy. Oh and the stunts the hero pulls off are really too good to be true, even by Hollywood standards. I'm not going to waste time, effort and brain cells on this anymore.

Movie #2 was hilarious. Dreamship Surprise. Oh God. It's basically a spoof of Star Wars and Star Trek with lots of GAY thrown in for good measure. I guess it's really no surprise that I was watching this with Luke 'more camp than a row of tents' Anthony. The world is about to be destroyed and the urm...Grand Council sends the gayguys back in time to save the world. Sounds great? Not when the actors are SO not cute. Anyway they have to HURRY because the MISS WAIKIKI paegeant awaits them. Of course it isn't so straightforward and they get transported to the wrong era more than once. *With German harshness* YA. Terribly trashy movie. Only the Germans would make something like this. But I enjoyed this one the most. I did.

Day #3 and movie #3. That honour went to Domino. Apparently based on a true story...sort of. Catched it with Lena and Tongieee. It reminded me of a violent version of Eternal Sunshine Of A Spotless Mind. At least in terms of the sequencing. Domino is basically a Bounty Hunter who gets into this terrible mess involving ten million dollars, the mafia and an ARM one fine day. I'm not going to give a summary. It's the best movie of the lot. Watch it. But yeah the scenes that I do remember are the 4 First Ladies (Macy Gray has a FABULOUS role in this movie), the fat black woman (world's youngest grandmother at 28) appearing on Jerry Springer with her chart of new racial groups, having a quick glimpse at the wonderful Shannen Doherty, the way Domino walks into the Bounty Hunter talk, how she makes smoking look SO DAMN SEXY AND COOL, and when she tells Lucy Liu (who is also FABULOUS) that she must want her pussy. I'm still quite confused with some details and I don't know why they decided to throw in religion and the crazy preacher in the desert but it was a pretty good movie. Definately the best of the 3. Although that isn't hard really to accomplish really. Really isn't.

So yes. The GOLDEN WEEK was semi golden I guess. In typical Simon fashion, there are some things I would have done differently if I could go back in time but hey I can't so tough luck no shit. Hmmm...Go watch Domino. It's quite good really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home