Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

You Are A...Comic?

Comic = Carrie falling in Dior
Tragic = Me falling in... Holland Village, on the slippery pavement, because my slippers have worn soles. And then getting up to find macaroons damaged and people sniggering. I was bummed that my surprise fell through, but I guess the elements of comedy sort of made up for it.

The AC gang is nothing if not impromptu (and aging, but that's another story). Drinks and dinner in the insalubrious confines of Cheong Chin Nam morphed into Lena very kindly treating us to a not inconsiderable dinner overlooking the sea and drinks at Cafe Del Mar, all on that confused tourist trap, Sentosa.

Sitting in the lecture hall listening to the Registrar drone, I would never have envisioned myself back on that bridge thinggy from Siloso Beach to the breakwater, Strawberry Sangria in hand, Tong and Lena merrily dipping their feet in the less than pristine water (I was in pants and shoes and so refused to even sit down).

Its scary that we're talking jobs and getting married (well, some of us anyway). For all my intellectual maturity, I'm still that teenage boy who just wants to have fun and not concern himself with being a grown up.

And When I Grow Up, I don't need to be famous (although that would be nice), I really just want to be happy - although I'm not too sure about the content of that... feeling. What's it going to take? Love? Money? Accomplishment? Or a bit of everything?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home