Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Quotes

Clubbing at St. James last night was, in all its crude vulgarity, FUCKING CROWDED! There must have been an explosion in the population of homos over the past few months - we could hardly stay in the same place, with streams and torrents of people constantly on the move, much less dance. And mind you, Powerhouse isn't some shit small club like the ones in Tanjong Pagar... I think it was even more crowded than an average Mambo at Zouk. I'm sure the fact that today is a public holiday somewhat explains it, but still, overly packed.

So Leonard, JS and I were on the second floor bar, trying to enjoy our drinks while constantly on red alert for fat, smelly people, and conversation went something like this.

Len: 'WHY do they let fat people in? They take up twice the space!'
Me: 'Ya they should charge them double.'
Len: [matter-of-factly] 'They should! ... ... [triumphantly] Ugly and fat people should be charged double'

Me: 'You can tell a fat person is coming from his smell' [which is so true btw]

Len: [from the second floor bar] 'Hey let's look at the rabble!'

Len: 'Shit I left my lip balm in the locker!'

The whole world and their mothers were there last night. Local "celebrities", undergrads, NS boys... Jin looks so much fresher with short hair. I tried to sneak a couple of pics of him but it was too dark.
Confetti and balloons. Why would you want to be anywhere else.

And for one thing, the music's up to date at least (bar the same ol' "classic" Do You Want To Dance). 4 Minutes, Touch My Body, Break The Ice, Piece of Me AND Gimme More (too bad it was too crowded to dance), Take A Bow, Bleeding Love, Don't Stop the Music, 'Give it 2 Me' - the new Madonna single I think... thank goodness tunes like Since U Been Gone etc. have been phased out, although I would have liked to hear Umbrella. OH AND BEST OF ALL NO SLUTINA FAGUILERA! Of course this was before I left early (at around 3).

I am going to take a break from clubbing tho', at least not until Meng comes back. And I CANNOT WAIT for Sex and the City to open! I will kill anyone who spoils it for me.

1 Comments:

At 9:35 PM , Blogger mengsta said...

i miss fab sundays just a teensy weensy bit. I miss VIVOCITY A WHOLE LOT MORE! The PageOne bookstore, corduroy cafe, and oh, we still have to go check out the wonderful tcafe!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home