Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Insomnia

I wish I suffered from insomnia. So I wouldn't have to waste time sleeping. I suffer from the opposite of insomnia really - a constant need to sleep. Let's call it Jinitis. It's damn bad.

If I didn't need sleep, and didn't feel tired, then I just might be able to accomplish everything I need to and still have time for a life. Or maybe I just need to quit going online so bloody much.

But I suppose writing is a worthy pursuit.

Anyway, this week was fairly fruitful. I got some work done, tied up some orientation business (I've said it repeatedly and I'll say it again, the view from the 58th floor of the UOB Plaza is amazing), went for pageant rehearsal (the whole dancing thing is really not working, as ZX said, 'it's horrible'), managed to catch up on sleep (cue desire for insomnia) and watch PS I Love You and Michael Clayton, which is great. Also had Carl's Junior 2 days apart, which is guilt-trip and fat-laden delicious and disgusting at the same time. Gym. Wandering bookstores. Starbucks. Nice, pointless things like that. Oh and of course our dinner at Chomp Chomp which was great, and my JC class reunion - fun. Ok, so my week didn't suck as much as I thought it did. Ho hum.

I caught Damages on AXN, this legal drama starring Glen Close. I'm getting one of those legal drama highs again. Not since the days of Ally McBeal the The Practice in the early 00s, which are scarily almost over. I was watching VH 1's 100 best songs of the '80s on MTV just now (so maybe that's where all my time has been going) and was thinking, my god, soon we'll be able to have a best songs of the 00s!

Can't wait to see where Britney lands on one of those. I'd say the top candidates at this point are Toxic and Oops. Although Slave should really be up there too.

There was this scene in Michael Clayton, where a reporter asked Tilda Swindon's character (who is counsel for some big agricultural conglomerate) how she achieved a work-life balance, and all she could manage, after much thinking, was 'when you enjoy your work, when you love what you do, that's the balance right there!' And I took it so personally for some reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home