Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Starting Over

Jin & I went to Changi to say goodbye to Cheryl who is off to be Mother Theresa in Calcutta. It was a brief farewell but nevertheless worth the trip =)

We then headed to Marine Parade Library to borrow Tokyo books and walked over to Parkway Parade to meet ZX (who was also at the airport).

We had a fascinating...conversation...outside Borders. I was going on about the books I was unable to finish reading which include Plato's Republic and Virginia Woolf and how I didn't take to her stream of consciousness style because I'm the kind of reader who needs to have a destination, in the sense that I like my books divided into chapters so I know how much I have to read before I stop...and concluded by going 'that's me.'

Somewhere near the end of my speech, ZX started laughing, and I was wondering what the hell was so funny about my reading pattern, and he went, 'you really can't stop talking about yourself ah.'

It never dawned on me. Fuck. I am so completely self-absorbed, and the scary thing is that this is the way I always conduct "conversations". I am so fucked up. It takes someone else to point out these things because to me, I am perfectly equipped with a respectable set of social skills, which would include the art of conversation. I am so.fucked.up.

Fucked up.

So now I need to start from scratch and basically relearn conversation 101. Or conversation for dummies. Might as well be one at this point.

Past few days haven't been as quiet as may seem from the lack of updates. I have just been very lazy. Christmas Dinner at PS with Tong, Gerald and Lena. It was great to be back in the safety net of old company, Tong as hilarious as ever, even in the face of crisis...

And yesterday was reunion with the America boys (and girl) and assorted AC/RJ peeps. We went on a mini food tour that ended with drinks in One Rochester. Very nice. Ok time to go back to my stupid compilation work (ohmygodkillmenow).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home