Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Woof Woof

A dog chasing its tail. Can you think of anything more pointless, tiring, and stupid than that?

But perhaps, in the absence of other pursuits, the dog enjoys it. At least he's on the move, at least he has a reason to hope - however small that ray of hope may be - that he'll eventually get what he wants. And if he doesn't then, well, it was fun while it lasted, and he still has his tail, albeit not in the way he originally intended.

What an analogy!

I've been listening to Blackout frequently and I love it more and more. I wasn't too keen initially, because, as much as I hate to admit it, Britney's current image *did* affect my listening pleasure. But you can't resist songs like these for too long...and I love the various soundbites throughout

Gimme More - 'The legendary Miss Britney Spears'

Piece of Me - soundbites throughout la! How about 'I'm Miss Bad Media Karma, another day another drama', or 'I'm Mrs oh my god that Britney's shameless', how about 'well get in line with the paparazzi who's flippin' me off, hoping I'll resort to some havoc, end up settlin' in court, now are you SURE YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME?'

Radar - 'A man with a Midas touch, intoxicate me on the rush' and my favorite line from the song 'I get the tingle, I wanna mingle' (sometimes the stupidest lines are the best). And I love the 'When you walk [echo: when you walk], and when you talk [echo: when you talk]' bit too!

Break The Ice - OMGOMGOMG I just deciphered the lyric 'I'm gonna hit defrost on ya, let's get it blazin'. Love it. And 'You got my heart beating like an 808 *thump thump*' Don't forget 'We can turn the heat up if you wanna, turn the lights then *low* if you wanna'

Heaven On Earth - 'Fall off the edge of my mind'

Get Naked (I Got A Plan) - Apart from making a great lesbian parody (replace plan with poon), Britney's stripper anthem features the classic and MEMORABLE line 'I got a plan we can do it just when you want to baby baby baby...' and 'get naked get naked get naked get naked, take if off, take if off, take it off, take if off' and 'I'm not ashamed of beauty you can see what I got'

Freakshow - 'We can give em' a peepshow'

TOY SOLDIER - Right now, my favorite song from the album. Love love love the beat, the attitude, and the lyrics, right from the start, with the producer (Sean Garrett I think) going 'YEAH SMASH ON THE RADIO BET I PENNED IT...BRITNEY! Break me off, break me off'. 'I'm tired of private's driving need a general that ain't weak'. 'He's not talking he's just walking like them city boys from New York!'. 'Hit the scene in my new Waaaagon'. 'This time I need a soldier, a really bad-ass soldier'

Hot As Ice - I hated the demo (which was known as Cold As Fire) but love this version. Maybe you can polish a turd. 'Living Legend you can look but don't touch'. 'Just save your foolishness, your fuckery and handling my business, holler if you hear me, can I get a witness? Preacher preacher I'm the teacher you can learn, watch your fingers boy you might get burned'. 'As you can see, fortunately, I'm cold as fire'.

Ooh Ooh Baby - The best part of this song is simply, 'baby baby baby baby baby baby baby' repeated till the end.

Perfect Lover - The intro. 'Uh huh uh huh uh huh uh huh...'

Fuck I can't concentrate on my torts notes but when it comes to NONSENSE like this I can just go on and on. There's one more song called Why Should I Be Sad, and I'm going to save it because practically the whole song rocks lyrically and it's going to take too long to post the full thing now.

...If you're still reading by this point...Seriously either you like me a lot or you will really like the album. In which case GO BUY IT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home