Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ego Trip

I was reading my entries from last year (Sep 06) onwards, remarking to myself what fine posts they are...and I ended up reading my own blog for the last hour. If that isn't a sign of megalomania, I don't know what is. I came across what I honestly think to be one of the best paragraphs I have ever written. Of course, some people can fill their entire blogs with amazing prose, and I am not one of those people, but I do think the following from Nov 06 qualifies as one of my finest literary moments.

"A couple hundred miles from the California coast, I looked out at the most spectacular display of clouds I could remember seeing in a long time. The more resolute clouds clung together to form the edges of a steep cliff, while the more whimsical ones floated freely amongst them, in all manner of contours. As we approached the coast, a river of cotton in between two green valleys lay out as far as the eye could see. Hills were visible above the sweeping expanse of cloud, like mystical islands rising out of a misty sea. As we made our final descent into San Francisco airport, plunging through the low-lying clouds, the wings of the aircraft kept disappearing behind a coat of white, as if playing a game of hide and seek."

Yes award me the Nobel Prize for literature or something. But yeah post-army I had all the time in the world to write out long, relatively insightful, always interesting posts, and it kindda sucks that I don't exactly have the time - or rather I SHOULDN'T be having the time - to do so now. But that's the price one has to pay I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home