Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Thursday, October 06, 2005

ye incredible shrinking shoppes

After Cali today I headed to Bras Basah to get Waugh for Tong. I actually sold mine there at the start of the year for a grand total of $5. It was a brand new book mind, hardly used =p (Actually I also sold another 2 as good as new textbooks that cost around $80-90 each for $5 too, but that memory is far too painful to be discussed) If I had KNOWN that Miss Loi wanted them I would just have given them to her. Yes, even back then when i disliked her intensely.

Short walk to the Raffles City/Marina/City Link area where I decided to embark on another one of those window shopping expeditions. These usually preceed the actual shopping and serve to whet my appetite. Yes pay comes in this weekend and I am prepared to spend =D

Well you can imagine my SURPRISE when I discoverd that Polo Ralph Lauren at Suntec NO LONGER EXISTS! Half of it was taken over by some girly cosmetics shop (the HERESY), while the other half has morphed into a Polo Jeans store.

As if that wasn't enough, I was STUNNED and APPALLED when I walked into Tower Records at Suntec. I was expecting the usual store with the music in front, followed by the lovely magazines area and Coffee Bean, and ending with the VCD/DVD section.I didn't even realise anything different when I walked in. Lo and fucking BEHOLD, more than HALF the damn store doesn't exist any longer. *POOF* Just the bloody music section of the old Tower was bigger than the TRAVESTY that is Tower Records Suntec City now. It's just horrible. I guess I should have expected this when I observed that the SOLE CD poster they had on the storefront was advertising "Jennifer Lopez's NEW album REBIRTH". LOL. Flop album. Flop store.

It's sad really. The music stores in Singapore seem to be on their last legs. Let's not forget that HMV at City Link also halved their store. Ok so maybe the time has come for moi to purchase a CD. I'm guessing it's gonna be Confessions On A Dancefloor =D

Going out for dinner soon with the family. *Deadpans* HOW LOVELY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home