Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

What Do You Think?

It's amazing how, over the past 10 days, I have effectively managed to deprive myself of so many things - going to the gym, blogging, actually *going out* for a proper dinner or movie with friends - in the name of work. I have essentially traded my life - whatever it amounted to - for reading texts on the Penal Code (Crim), extracts on legal philosophy (Legal Theory), studying cases concerning petty disputes between parties (Contract) and researching for a fictitious client (LAWR). It's all very...testing. Testing is the word. But I think I have gotten to the point where I can steel myself in the face of adversity and just plod on. Because I have to. It's sink or swim baby.

Having said all that, I haven't exactly been living the life of the oracle on the mountain. Hours watching TV (mainly CNN and some MTV, Channel V and E!), throwing bad sushi out the window of a $4,800 a month high rise apartment in Balmoral (Jin & I were there for what was purported to be a housewarming thing) which was really very childish and exciting, hanging with JS and Len at Starbucks (although that was more for 'work' and we didn't actually drink any coffee, which was most odd), and of course the last time I saw Wei Ren and Lena at Starbucks in Holland V. Which was last, last Sunday. Wow.

I suppose all that is mitigated by the fact that I get to see so many friendly and familiar faces everyday. I thought of naming everyone here but well, I need to start answering Crim questions and I don't want to offend anyone I omit to mention. So yes. Know that you all are appreciated, even though I do miss not seeing my non-law friends.

Who would have guessed, when I went for my interview nearly 2 years ago, what I would be getting myself into. It's been challenging, stimulating, painful, tedious, and (I'm referring to the SLS 24 hour paper here), pure living hell. And I know that there's worse to come. But, to an extent, it has also been...fulfilling. I'll get used to it. I think we all will. So bring it on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home