Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Not Enough Time

Sums up our trip so far. Going to be missing a lot of neighborhoods. Tokyo is huge. Think the sprawl of LA with the density of Manhattan. And we are going to miss it. The fantastic shopping, the delicious food (best sushi of my life!), the wonderful Japanese people (although they can be so servile at times it gets a little scary), the weather (although today was miserably cold), our surprisingly good hotel, the lights of Shinjuku, UNIQLO in Ginza, (relatively) cheap Paul Smith...and we haven't even hit Shibuya, Harajuku, Omotesando, and Isetan's men's store in Shinjuku yet!! Not forgetting the trains which run with clockwork efficiency, the crazy number of exits at each station (Shinjuku station alone has over 60!), and of course, the 100 yen MacDonald's Porko Burgers, the 24 hour 7-story saunas, and the Krispy Kremes where they give complimentary doughnuts to everyone in the queue. We still have another one and a half days but I'm already missing Tokyo.

As for my travel companion, haha, we've had our ups and downs, almost daily disagreements/quarrels/bitchiness (and he's snoring damn loudly now...even as I type this entry on his MacBook), but at the end of the day, I wouldn't have wanted anyone else here with me in this place and at this time...

Whether we can travel together in the future is another matter altogether, but I think (hope) that through the sometimes trying experience that was Tokyo (and the trip's not over yet!), our friendship has been put to the test and has come out intact and perhaps stronger. Please just stop snoring...

We have very different travel ideologies, and two different outlooks to life, which probably results in the clashes we've had over the past 5 days (add my own neurosis to the equation and you have a highly volatile cocktail), but somehow, something clicks. Mmm Jin is probably dreaming of the different ways I meet my demise as we speak haha.

But yeah. That's how I feel.

Pictures to come. If I'm not a lazy fucker. Got loads. Time to shower in the super small bathroom.

Oh and Hillary ROCKS!

1 Comments:

At 1:39 AM , Blogger mengsta said...

7 storey 24 hour saunas?! to think you just wrote an article on trevvy about those, sigh-men. had too much fun until lost jinesh ah... he was hunting for u then gave up and went for breakfast.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home