Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Monday, December 31, 2007

If I Must

The whole concept of a new year is artificial. Like chapters in a book, years provide us with moments to pause I suppose. To stop and reflect. And celebrate. Hence the year-end roundups, the resolutions for the coming year, the parties and fireworks and general merry making. But unlike the pages of a tome, we are not masters of time. It moves on regardless of any boundaries mankind may seek to impose.

I have already written a sort of roundup for 2007 (friends will know where to find it), and although that isn't exactly a summary of my 2007, they were certainly some of the events that defined my year. I'm not that shallow of course. But I figured the average tragic reader would not want to read about the Virginia Tech massacre, the many leadership changes, soaring inflation, and all that bull that I enjoy immersing myself in. Hence the (lack of) depth of my article.

On a personal level, what to say. The last few months of 2007 eerily resembled those of 2005. Bittersweet moments. Eventually leading to some form of redemption I guess, but painful nevertheless.

If we're following trends, then I should be getting into 2 quickie relationshams soon enough. Yipee.

I'm too old to be making the same mistakes again.

I shall sum up my year in cryptic words and phrases because I really am too lazy to continue typing.

Work. Patrick. Ergos. Earning bushels of money. AC friends. Slack. Patrick displeased. Tong angered. Stopped work. JB with Lena, Meng and Yin Xuan. Cruise to Penang and Phuket with Gerald, Tong and Elissa. Fucking bad food poisoning. Vomit. Lots of it. Disgusting. Ann Siang Media. Writing. Singapore Fashion Festival. Meng. "All work stops when Simon comes in at 2". A LOT of nonsense. Abusing the poor Newfound Jealously CD in our office. Lots of laughter. Too much for some people. Haha. "Can you stop doing weird things?" Well my reply to that would be can YOU stop being ugly? No? Then shut the hell up and sit down. Christina concert. Meeting Rihanna. Loads of freebies. Spurting coffee on Shirlynn Tan. Wakeboarding. Jooles. Meng SPILLING coffee on Joanne who sits there like a deer in the headlights. Crappy workshops. Good editorship ending in ignominy through no fault of my own. "Oh this guy is going to Law too. Meet Jinesh." Alleged dagger eyes. HAHA. Leonard Choo. Law camp. Cringe-worthy memories. "Pole dancing". What the fuck. Christine. Nalli. Bye bye CHOO WEIREN. Krabi with Christine, Rachel, Jerrine and Meng! Loads of pictures. Jun Sheng. School. Oh my. Bye Michael! LSIRC interview. Bloody hell. In so many ways. Not again. Mood swings. Fun people. Sam and Cheryl. Andrea. Leon. Amy. Chengying. Wee! Zx. "Fashion forward". Really? Bye bye Meng. Mugging. Dying. Worth it. I think. Lisa, Joel. Getting piss drunk and hungover. On multiple occasions. Hi Weiren! So fast. Bye Weiren again. And hi! You travel too much. Self-absorbed. Talking about myself is what I do best. Not to forget constant Britney antics, filling me with hope, pain, disappointment, outrage, joy. But at the end of the day, just love.

Needless to say, 2008 will certainly be getting off to a smashing start with Tokyo and all. Here's hoping for a great year ahead for everyone =) (But most importantly for myself of course)

1 Comments:

At 6:01 AM , Blogger Kyong said...

average tragic reader like me would not want to read about the Virginia Tech massacre (enuff on that) but probably wouldn't mind the many leadership changes, soaring inflation news... which i believe we have our fair share views.. none of them positive... gloomy thoughts

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home