Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

An Update

I suppose it's time for a proper update, although I have the distinct feeling that brevity is going to be my best friend.

The first week of school - indeed the first week and a half - is over and so far...I'm liking it! Love the campus, like the lecturers/tutors, mostly like everyone, alright with the syllabus, although I suspect that one's a one way road downhill from here on.

I can't really say too much about the people on campus, suffice to say that Jinesh and I get more than an eyeful everyday, and I frequently find myself humbled fashion and style-wise by many of my peers, which really shouldn't happen. I need money =(

The farewells resumed last week with Michael leaving on Thursday morning, and this week with Sam on Monday. She gave me this lovely monkey pen along with a promise that her namesake will kiss me one day =D. And of course tomorrow we have the Heng and on Saturday we have the slime ball. I'm lucky in the sense that many of my friends are staying in Singapore, although I will miss everyone who has left / is leaving. But let's not dwell on the melancholy tonight.

Had dinner with Marcus, Gerald and Lena today at Sushi Tei. We were seated in this private room on a second floor I never knew existed, unfortunately having to listen to this bloody American ranting against the "extreme left-wing" to his stupid Asian date who didn't know what left-wing meant. Now those of you who know me well will be aware that I'm NO bleeding heart liberal. If not for my liberal views on certain social issues, I would be a Conservative. But I've come to detest that word and listening to idiots as mentioned above only serve to convince me that I'm on the right side, even though the individualist capitalist in me is as steadfast as ever.

Oh yes I've finally been to Meng's house! And met Cola! Who is the most adorable thing...except for the bad breath which is INTOLERABLE. Poor dog gives it out even when he's barking and it permeates the entire room after a while which is really disgusting.

Why is it that humans take pleasure in causing pain to others? I don't mean this in an S&M way, and I'm not purporting myself to be the nicest of people. But sometimes I do wonder why we seem to derive more satisfaction from making (or at least giving the impression of making) life miserable for others rather than being welcoming and friendly.

And that's all I have to say for today.

I WANT A HOT BF!

Ok NOW that's all I have to say.

1 Comments:

At 2:47 AM , Blogger Samantha/senghoe said...

I ALSO WANT. DAMMIT.

US FOOD SUXXORS.
I LOST MY LUGGAGE.
I NEED THE MONKEY PEN.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home