Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

So...

I caught the MJ memorial last night (wondering whether the fact that I didn't feel the urge to shed a tear at any point during the broadcast made me heartless or worse, un-American - so many peeps on JJB were saying that they were choking up or just plain bawling and I really didn't understand it) and so woke up rather late - by my standards - today, at almost 1.

Then I see an SMS from an unknown number asking if I was commencing internship at R&T today or whether there was a change of plan that said person was unaware of. Of course, that was the first time I heard about this internship myself. I applied early in the year, got no response, called and spoke to someone who said that she'd try and find a place for me but never responded. I called once to check, only to be told that she was on leave and would get back to me. Since she never did, I presumed they didn't manage to find anything and decided that I didn't need a 4th internship anyway.

I think I've done enough this summer, so am quite happy to have these next 2 weeks to myself to handle the mountain of personal admin I need to do before I leave. But yeah, the fact that I missed the opportunity - for now anyway - to intern with a team led by Singapore's top insolvency lawyer (those in the know will know who haha) is kindda sucky.

Damnit that it is one nerdy post. Anyways, having a reunion of the fab 6 tonight, we haven't seen each other in ages! Can't wait!

In other news, brunch on Sunday with Chery, the Kok, Teri and Marianne at Graze was great! I'd love to spend every Sunday that languidly. ^That was what I had, can't remember what its called now but it was really delicious. ^^Jared's looked even better.

Monday was pure bitch-fun with Leonard and Meng, and I discovered the joys of Indonesian mee goreng.

Tuesday was - what I'm proud to say has now become a regular thing - Bodypump at Bugis followed by dinner and desert (and unfortunately, still the best conversation I can find anywhere) with my favorite mistake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home