Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I hope I don't regret it

I made one of those big life-changing decisions today. I don't think I'm being overly dramatic in saying that, because if the smallest decisions we make multiply (the butterfly effect?) and lead to substantial changes, then basically choosing to spend a year of my life in another country must be a seismic shift. In doing so, I also brought the curtains down on something I'd wanted so badly since I heard about it - the NYU LLM double degree. Ultimately, I decided that I didn't need it at this point, and putting aside the prestige issue, I didn't think it was worth the money + risking a whole year on exchange.

But I do wonder if I took the easy way out. Instead of being patient and waiting for a year, I basically opted for more instant gratification. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush. But I do wonder if I've somehow shortchanged myself in the process, choosing not to climb the mountain because I am afraid to fall.

And of course there are other reasons as well, reasons too eccentric to be verbalized, things you wouldn't like to hear about.

In any case now that the cards have been dealt, I'm going to make the best of it =).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home