Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Monday, February 02, 2009

Confessions

Everyone is in the mood for confessing and honesty these days. But I do get the feeling that what is written in all those Facebook notes is not so much 25 things people don't know about you, but rather 25 things you want people to know about you. Does that make sense? It's all about selling yourself and projecting the image you want people to have. And to my friends who have written notes, this isn't targeted at any of you, I'm just reflecting on general observations :) (Haha don't not tag me in your notes because of this please).

I used to do the confessional thing on my blog from time to time, and yeah to be frank, it was always about 'what impression do I want people to have of me' rather than 'oh I'm going to be really honest'. Real honesty can burn you real bad. Trust me on that.

I met an acquaintance today, someone who wrote for me while I was editorial coordinator at Trev all those years ago (actually less than 2 la but ya know). And he's based in HK, writing for some financial magazine, gets to travel about half the month, has been to every country in East Asia except for Taiwan and North Korea, is currently putting up at the Ritz, and is turning the ripe old age of 25 this year. I was secretly rather envious that someone barely 2 years older than myself has had so much more life experience. But well, he is American so he didn't have to go through that vortex known as National Service.

And he just sent me a message on Fb that went, 'Nice to catch up with someone as interested in the world as I am.' Gosh. That is true you know. Why am I in law school ah? All I wanted a year (or even less) ago was to work in an international firm doing corporate law and hopefully making a lot of money. But there is so much more to life than that and I am way too interested in other things to just let that all go for a life of legal niceties and technical jargon.

What to do... what to do... my passion for law is dissipating with each passing day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home