Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Thursday, November 23, 2006

The Superficial


Sometimes I wish I wasn't such a shallow person. I think I'd be a lot happier.

Anyway, Mum and I headed into San Fran again on Tuesday, for our tour of the notorious Alcatraz. The business tycoon in me was thinking how much money could be made from tearing down the place and replacing it with posh condominiums. Just throw in a complimentary ferry service and you have a GREAT location with STUNNING views of the city, the bay and the Golden Gate. Of course, given the checkered history of the place, I'm not sure if the gliterati of San Francisco would want to live there. And I suppose tearing down a national monument and replacing it with housing isn't exactly on the cards anyway.


So much history within these four walls. Murders, suicides, escape attempts...

Yesterday, we headed to the suburbs to explore Vally Fair Mall, which is supposed to be one of the best malls in the Bay Area, with a Nordstrom and Macy's. Frankly, I wasn't terribly impressed. I mean, the shops are a hundred times better than those back home and I'd QUEEF if we had anything resembling a Vally Fair in Singapore, but I couldn't find anyting that really caught my attention.

All that changed when I exited the mall and crossed the street to Santana Row, which has boutiques on both sides, housed in the most exquisite buildings. I didn't bother going into any of them(Gucci, Burberry, Diesel etc) but just walking down the street(and browsing at Borders) was enough.




I can imagine aspiring architect CHOO WEI REN saying "Eee so ugly! BYEBYE!" But I think they're nice la. The whole street's got a very faux-European feel.

ANYWAY, it's time for me to sign off. Won't be having internet access for the next few days. We're all leaving for VEGAS baby! And Yosemite National Park which I'm really looking forward to although I doubt we can see much in a few hours. ANITA SARAWAK here I come!!

1 Comments:

At 1:04 PM , Blogger by weiren said...

OI! I actually think they're quite nice okay...but feels a lil like beverly hills dunch u think...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home