Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Friday, November 02, 2007

Seriously

I come home close to midnight and am faced with a barrage from the mother on how the clothes were not packed properly and how irresponsible whoever packed them was and how they are crumpled and need to be ironed and how come I left the door and gate open just now and this and that and this and that. I do try to avoid conflict and confrontation with the maternal unit because, believe it or not, I hate it. It's tiring, draining and occasionally guilt-tripping, because I tend to get carried away in the heat of things...but MY GOD SHE IS DAMN IRRITATING! I have just come home from a busy day of school, gym and study. I am not in the fucking mood to hear you crying over split milk la, REALLY not in the mood.

Really a damper to my day...which was pretty good actually. After SLS we had dinner with Lisa and Joel, who are the cutest pairing ever...its worrying that I now refer to Jinesh and myself in the collective. But yes, we then headed to the...geeeyum...where there was much laughter as we made random girl-girl pairings and Jin came up with the most utterly hilarious one ever. Went down to the organic food cafe next door (which is like the new Far Coast, it's quiet because it's so empty which is why we love it and it's going to close down soon for lack of business - but FAR COAST WILL BE BACK!) and shared some lamb sirloin thing which was pretty good - better be for what it cost - and I had organic iced coffee (that sounds so liberal doesn't it) while Jin had some delicious strawberry concoction.

Jin's friend Helmi came down and we chatted till 11-ish. He said that I could well be the next Thio Li-Ann...worrying. I don't want to come across as nasty and mean but somehow I do, to most people anyway. And my motor-mouth and extreme self-indulgence don't mitigate my case. I had a very good conversation with Jin on the drive from BTC to Orchard though...apparently we had a 'breakthrough' - his words not mine.

I presumed that he already knew whatever I was saying really. About how the perceived pomposity, alleged arrogance and supposed superiority complex (ok enough with the alliterations already) are really a facade I put up to mask my inherent and far-reaching insecurities and inferiority complex.

Say what you will about me, I'm nothing if not very self-aware. Since one of my greatest interests is myself, I guess that isn't much of a surprise, but I do think I'm a pretty good judge of my character - although I only seem to identify, not rectify.

And yet another post descends into a protracted discussion about myself again. Loves it.

Anyhoo, I have an interview later today for law pageant (what a joke). I've heard some pretty bad things about the previous interviews but you know what, I can take care of myself.

Been so busy with law school that I haven't found much time for other social activities. Although this Saturday is Straw-up-the-nose which I wouldn't miss for the world. Till then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home