Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Busy Busy

I usually spend a significant amount of time brainstorming for and writing out my posts. Going to make it(relatively) speedy tonight because I simply do not have the luxury of time.

Just came back from Japanese in town. The sashimi was excellent. Swordfish sashimi has possibly overtaken salmon as my favourite kind of raw fish. Tong was saying that one of his friend's actually cooked his sashimi in the steamboat, much to the displeasure of the staff. Heresy I tell you.

Anyway, as you guys probably know, I've spent the past 14 consecutive days working my ass off(although certain individuals may choose to dispute the "ass off" part). The great thing - aside from the pay - is the company. It's like secondary school all over again. Tong, Gerald, Jeff, and Ee. And just like secondary school, there's plenty of gossip, quarrels, bullying, and of course laughter. Throw in Fabien, Elissa, and David Foo and you have a rather strange combination of people. Not everyone comes every single day, and this Sunday is my turn to take a break because I am totally burnt out. To the point where I must not be making much sense now.

Here are two pictures from work. The first one shows Tong hard at work(or not), Elissa is the background, and of course good 'ol Jeff. Second one is really really cute. Jeff did it. It's Tongielicious!

This working experience has made me realise that money isn't everything. I know it's super cliche and all that but what's the point of earning 100 dollars a day if you can't find the time and friends to spend it with? I really hope that my job in the future isn't like this - ie go to work in the morning, come home at 11pm, surf the internet and read what little I can of the Economist, and then go to sleep and repeat the cycle. This is not the way life was meant to be lived. Not to mention that while I am having a great time with the AC guys, I really do miss all my other friends, and the boyfriend of course.

Anyway, I'll catch up with you guys another time. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home