Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

I'll shout it from the mountaintop, I want the world to know...

That I LOVE DC! I mean, I really love the city. Just came back from this club called Town which had a drag show - 4 drag queens impersonating various divas and lip synching their way down a runway. So there's audience seated by the runway and the rest of us are like on the perimeter. And they go around lip synching and people actually give them dollar bills. It's pretty cool. Some were not very good (mouth and lyrics not even co-ordinated, tsk as Andrea would say), but some really went all the way - outrageous outfits, synchronized synching, and even a few kicks and splits in high heel boots - not the easiest thing to do. And omg all the songs they sang to - Sweet Dreams, Party in the USA, 3, It's Not Right But It's Ok etc etc. I can't remember the others but you get the idea. And then after the show the music came on, and they screened the accompanying music videos on these huge-ass screens behind the bar counter - Poker Face, Crazy in Love, Since U Been Gone, Down, SOS (Rescue Me), Disturbia, 3!! (they showed various clips of Brit Brit on screen since the video isn't out yet), Party in the USA (which A LOT of people seem to really like, notwithstanding (or because of?) it being a Miley song) and so on and so forth. I absolutely loved it,

The great thing about living where I live is that... you can walk home from the club. About 1 mile and 20 minutes. And it was hella cold cause the weather here seems to have skipped fall and gone straight to winter, and there was a very light but constant drizzle falling down (the rain almost drifted down like snow), and I was only in my D&G tank top with my CK jacket over it, but the alcohol was coursing through my veins and while my ears felt kindda cold, I relished walking through the leafy streets of this city while listening to music from my phone. It really can be such a charming place. I had to take photos. Love this city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home