Mr Bad Media Karma

A cursory peek into my fucked-up life. Rants and raves, musings and madness - come get your piece of me.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Mmm Mmm Morton's!

Title says it all. Yesterday, met Jin and Rachel at the Oriental and we proceeded to the strangely located Morton's (its a small gazebo at the foot of the hotel atrium) for the Martini Happy Hour. We were, of course, there for the (free) steak sandwiches as much as the martinis, although those were great too - potent. The sandwiches? Mmm. Succulent, slightly raw strips of steak in between two slices of heavenly bread, drenched in a slightly spicy sauce and the... beef juice (which sounds so vulgar but that's what it is no?). Mouth-watering and really good value for money.

After enduring the occasionally curt service, lack of seating space, and a Siberian thermostat, we drove to the Singapore Flyer area nearby to have dinner at what might as well have been a world away - Popeye's. I stand by the bread biscuit, although it requires copious dashes of jam and liberal drizzles of honey to detract from the dryness of it al.

Rachel left to meet her friends and we milled around City Hall till Tim and Rohai were available. Settling down in Soup Spoon to general merriment, gossip and laughter.

I went into fantasy world for a little bit in Orchard and ended the day a bundle of different feelings I am unable to process.

Today was Batman with Gerald, Lena and Jeff - the movie was alright. It must be all the hype and buzz that tampered my actual experience. Heath Ledger was undoubtedly great, the Joker was diabolical (I was afraid of him), and the plot was engaging enough. I felt that it plodded on unnecessarily.

Which is something I don't have the luxury of doing tonight as I have to be at the airport by 6.30 in the morning. Yes my friends, the long-awaited and much-changed and talked about Hong Kong trip is here, and while it has turned out looking very different from what I conceived initially, I will make the most of it and Rachel and I will have a blast =). See you all in 5 days, or once I figure out how to get wireless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home